The Magic School Bus On the Ocean Floor
Name: ________________________ Date: _____________
- How much of the earth is covered by water?
- Why is the ocean salty?
- Where does sand comes from?
- What are tides and how are they created?
- What makes waves?
- What is the continental shelf?
- What is a continent? List the seven continents of the
- How can fish breathe underwater?
- What is a true fish?
- List some invertebrates that are called fish sometimes
that actually aren't?
- What is plankton?
- How does the sun feed ocean animals?
- What are some special things you learned about
- Is the ocean floor flat? Why or why not?
- Why do plants not grow on the deep ocean floor?
- What do ocean floor animals eat?
- What causes hot water vents?
- How is food made at a vent?
- How is a coral reef built?
- How does coral polyps eat?
- What gives corals their colors?
- What are the three kinds of coral reefs?
- What kinds of mammals live in the sea?
- What are ocean currents?
- Why do big waves break near shore?